Dificulty: simple, Serving: 20, Preparation time: 1 hour 30 minutes What we need: oven, tart form,
- 1 box(es) Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 box(es) Brownie Mix
- 16 ounce(s) Icing
- 3 Food Coloring (1 Red, 1 Green, 1 Yellow)
- Coconut Flakes or Sesam Seeds
- Make yellow cake mix according to box. You can use paper liners, but I find it better using none and spray the pan holes with cooking spray.
- Fill the individual cupcake holes less than you normally would (about 1/2 way) and bake according to box or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Take cupcakes out and let them cool for at least 20 minutes
- Prepare brownie mix according to the box. Bake preferrably in a 10 x 14 pan so that the brownie patties are thin.
- While brownies are baking, cut cupakes in half horizontally
- After the brownies are done cooking, let them cool for 30 minutes
- Next, divide Icing into three separate mixing bowls. Put yellow food coloring in one, red in another, and green in the last one. Mix and keep adding food coloring until desired color.
- Once brownies are cooled, cut “patties” with a round cookie cutter or with the rim of a cup to a size similar of the cupcakes.
- On the bottom half of the cupcake (the bottom bun) squeeze icing in a zigzag shape around the circle so that the “lettuce” is visible on the outside. Add a dot in the center so the pattie will stick.
- Lay the brownie patty on top of the icing
- Drizzle the red and yellow icing around the top of the patty until you get desired look
- Add the top cupcake bun
For a Step-by-Step tutorial please see my blog.
(Visited 98 times, 1 visits today)